For projects "small" or medium sized which require little on no design work, Landis Construction offers the professional service of our "Small Projects Division." Labor consists of professional trades-people from our core design/build business, not "handymen".
With An Architect Today
OR Complete The Form Below
Below is a sampling of some types of projects which would fall within this category:
* Install new decking and a handrail on an existing deck structure or replace entire deck including structure.
* Install skylights and sun tunnels.
* All things outdoors - Garden gates, fences, arbors, trellises, dog runs, small patios, etc.
* Re-caulking showers and tubs.
* Change out single pane windows with energy efficient ones.
* Pull and replace kitchen.
* Adjusting hinges and doorknobs.
* Universal access installations (grab bars, handrails, small ramps, etc.)
* All things plumbing (Install new disposals, fix leaky faucets, replace frozen hose bibs or install new, install dishwashers, hot water heaters, install utility sinks, gas fireplaces, etc.) We install copper and Fusiotherm water piping. http://www.fusiotherm.com/?id=306
* All things electrical (Heavy ups, install new recessed lights, receptacles, phone and data wiring, replace dimmers and switches, recessed speakers, outdoor lighting.)
* Constructing a partition wall in your attic with a new door.
* Replacing windows and window casing.
* Installing crown molding and other trim carpentry.
* Making over a bathroom by adding tile wainscoting, a medicine cabinet and new plumbing fixtures in their existing location.
* Installing a new basement stair and handrail.
* Installing new interior and/or exterior doors.
* Insulating your attic and installing a new plywood sub floor for storage.
* Installing built-in cabinetry, bookshelves or new closets.
* Solving water infiltration issues.
* Coordinating and overseeing a third party energy audit and completing selected upgrades to your home based upon the energy audit.
If you have a small or medium size project which requires little or no design, please call us at 202-600-8315 or
fill out the form above to have us contact you. If you have a more substantial design/build project
contact us here.
We will return your call or respond to your web form within 48 hours. After reviewing your scope of work, a sales person will set up an appointment to meet with you in your home at no cost.
If the work is well defined and ready to start and requires neither permit nor design work, we offer a time and materials service. This can be arranged during your initial consultation. This service carries a minimum of 4 hours plus materials with a deposit of $300 due at arrival.
Small Projects Hourly Rates
Carpenter $75/hr* + materials - 4 hour minimum
Drywall/Plaster Work $65/hr*+ materials - 4 hour minimum
Plumber - $120/hr* + materials - 2 hour minimum
Electrician - $120/hr* + materials - 2 hour minimum
Painting by quotation.
[*Travel time billed out at $75/hr]
Call us for a Handyman Gift Certificate for your family member or friend. It makes a unique & useful gift that you too can enjoy. (Enjoy the giving. Enjoy the not-doing. Enjoy your free time.)